The inspirational moodboard

This is an exciting blog collaboration between an upcoming stylist - Magdalena Marciniak and a fashion print designer - Emma Harriet Wright.
We want to share what inspires us in the current fashion world as well as our own work to the admirers of the fashion world.
Enjoy and feel free to comment!

Thursday 5 May 2011

Vintage wedding fair.

 I recently went to a vintage wedding fair in Norwich City, east of England, located inside one of many stunning churches. I am always dubious about going to these events, I always wonder how much will be original vintage compared with copies. However I was pleasantly surprised to view a number of fantastic stalls with quite exceptional pieces. Here are just a few . . . .




Original 1950's wedding dress. Has quite a unique cut for a wedding dress. Shapeless waist and top however at the same time it is beautifully classic.



Also discovered an original Laura Ashley wedding dress. Although I believe it is mainly designed for the spectators and not the bride.



Beautiful layering of lace.


I took this picture mainly for the stand. Fantastic idea, really sets the cream pieces off.




Hand embroidered clutch bags and purses.



Wedding gloves. Fabric is a really fine weave so potentially part of the first production of synthetic made gloves.  Potentially 1940's?


These came home with me!


I also encountered some vintage shawls. Apologies for the poor images. This scarf was hand embroidered onto silk organza.


This beauty was certainly a prize if you could afford it's price tag. Hand embroidered lace, approximately 100 years old!


An attempt of showing how it would drape when worn.



I am quite glad these pieces weren't originals, that would be slightly strange. But the love taken in to creating these to be hidden beauties certainly deserved a picture!



Bouquets of beads, diamonds and gems for your wedding. Yes please!




Now these cakes, to me, were the highlight. They were literally to go to eat! All the decorations hand made form icing being unique designs to the creator. I suggest you explore their website . . 


No comments:

Post a Comment